This course allows students to gain a solid understanding of barista fundamentals. It will introduce you to the practical skills of espresso brewing and milk steaming techniques.
No experience required, although participants will find the course easier if they have experience working in a coffee shop. Otherwise, we would recommend completing the Introduction to Coffee course first.
- Arabica & Robusta - get to know the differences.
- Influence of the roast degree on coffee freshness
- Espresso machine & grinder - get to know their components
- Espresso - definition and purpose of espresso recipe
- The importance of grinder calibration
- Dosing, distribution and tamping techniques
- Introduction to milk Steaming techniques
- Espresso-based drink components and construction
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Health & Safety of the workspace
This course lasts for seven hours and each cohort is up to 4 participants.
All our courses are conducted by fully accredited SCA trainers (knows as ASTs). you don't need to be a SCA member to take one of our SCA courses, but you will need to have a learner membership account with the SCA.You'll use it to access online examinations and your certificates. It's quick, easy and free to get one - see here.
If you would like to discuss a bespoke session for your team or group, or if you have any questions about this course, then please get in touch with us by hitting the orange icon at the bottom right of this webpage.