To be held on Sunday 22nd April between 9am and 1pm at our cafe venue, 44 Bank Street, Sheffield S1 2DS.
We're excited to announce this event which we are holding jointly with long time Foundry friend, Cupper Joe. Cupper Joe is a coffee company which provides training for home baristas and also operates as a pop-up coffee shop for events. You may have been to one of their events in the past, which have been held at Square Mile Coffee Roasters and which they will be holding at other venues around the country.
The day will kick off at 9am with some breakfast and coffee (included in the cost of the event). Then the rest of the day will look something like this:
- An overview of the coffee cupping process.
- An introduction to coffee brewing terminology and a look at the fundamentals of brewing and extraction.
- Brewing coffee with the Aeropress.
- Innovative ways of using common equipment, long steep brews with the cafetière.
- Using the Hario V60 and an introduction to the Scott Rao method.
- The importance of water, cupping coffee with different waters.
- Nez Du Cafe aroma experience. We'll use this aroma kit as a way to help us describe some of the sensory experiences we have when tasting coffee.
So, all in all this is a great opportunity to spend some time focussing in on coffee with a group of like minded individuals. Cupper Joe and the team from Foundry will be on hand to offer that 1:1 support and guidance where needed. We are expecting around 20 people to attend the event and tickets are sold here exclusively. You wont receive a hard copy of your ticket so just keep your order confirmation number, which you can quote if you need to get in touch with us. Refunds will be offered up to 7 days before the event. Cancellations with less than 7 days notice will be subject to a £15 charge.