The V60 needs little introduction. A great way to produce a clean brew. Different coffees extract differently, so you'll to experiment a little with dose and grind size to find what suits you and your beans best. Enjoy.
1. Prepare dose of coffee (usually between 28-30g).
2. Use water heated to 97 degrees. Use some of the water to wet the paper filter in the V60. After wetting the paper, empty the water from the brewer.
3. Place the V60 onto the brewing vessel
4. Add the coffee to the brewer, make a hole in the middle with a spoon. Tare the scales, start the timer and then add 2 x the coffee dose of water for the blooming phase.
5. Hold the brewer and the beaker and swirl enthusiastically until all the coffee is wetted.
6. After 45 seconds, pour 300g of water.
7. At 1 minute 30 seconds, slowly pour to 500g, keeping brewer as full as you can.
8. Gently stir, three times in both directions, around 2 - 3mm beneath the surface.
9. Once the level has dropped a little, swirl.
10. Finish time is usually around 4 minutes. If your brew goes too quickly, grind a little finer. If it goes too slowly, grind a little coarser. Stir before drinking, allow to cool a little and enjoy!